Bare Metal Restore
Bare Metal Restore (BMR) gives you the ability to restore to a virtual server or dissimilar hardware configuration for ease of recovery after a disaster like a hardware failure. This gives you flexibility for restorations and doesn't require the cost and effort of keeping a standby server ready at all times. The recovery process is hassle-free and when it is time to restore your virtualized server on the NAS device back to physical hardware a boot CD is inserted into the new physical hardware. The new server maps to the NAS device and begins to pull the latest backup image. Once the image is copied to the server the BDR device manipulates the hardware abstraction layer and inserts the necessary device drivers for the new hardware. Once the server is completely restored, backups continue to take place on their scheduled interval.
- Virtual to Physical Restores
- Virtual to Virtual Restores
- Restore to Dissimilar Hardware
- Integrated Driver Support
- Multiple Partition Restore
- Windows Domain Controller Support
Bare Metal Process
- Boot to the BMR Recovery Environment
- Map a Drive to the BDR Open source message store and log files
- Install the Necessary Drivers
- Restore from Backup Image
- Minimize downtime by not having to rebuild a server from scratch.
- Increased uptime leads to increased productivity for your business.
- Choose new hardware based on budget & urgency instead of being tied to one vendor across the organization.