WatchGuard Unified Threat Management
Firebox® X unified threat management solutions provide the most complete security in their class for fully integrated, multifaceted protection from network threats, including:
What Is a Unified Threat Management Solution?
Unified threat management (UTM) is an emerging trend in the network security market. UTM appliances have evolved from traditional firewall/VPN products into a solution with many additional capabilities, including:
- Spam blocking
- Gateway antivirus
- Spyware prevention
- Intrusion prevention
- URL filtering
These are functions that previously had been handled by multiple systems. UTM solutions also provide integrated management, monitoring, and logging capabilities to streamline deployment and maintenance. All of WatchGuard’s Firebox X e-Series security appliances - Firebox X Peak™, Firebox X Core™, and Firebox X
Edge - combine these capabilities for a superior UTM solution
Firebox® X UTM solutions integrate multiple security functions in a single firewall platform
Built-in Zero Day Protection Is the Foundation
There is powerful security right out of the box. The architecture of the Firebox X has built-in, proactive zero day protection to defend against new and emerging threats. Many vendors only provide signature-based protection. These reactive solutions actually leave their customers exposed to new types of threats during the "zero day" timeframe - between an exploit's discovery and a signature update's release.
WatchGuard customers were protected
even before signatures were made available.
See the list below of viruses WatchGuard has stopped.
Twenty-two of the thirty most significant viruses and their variants released from 2003 to 2006 were blocked by default on the Firebox, protecting WatchGuard customers before a signature could ever have been made available.* Here's the list:
|1. Kama Sutra
||12. Bagle (Beagle)
|| 16. Bugbear.b
*Based on most commonly used method
of propagation (SMTP)
Layers of Powerful Defenses Working Together
The security layers of the Firebox X architecture work together to strengthen overall security. Cooperative communication between layers reduces and fine tunes the processing required by the security functions. The result - you get the protection you need to stay safe while optimizing performance.
Powerful Security Services to Boost Your Defenses
WatchGuard’s flexible solutions allow you to easily add any of our subscription-based security services to enhance protection in critical attack areas. Services include:
- spamBlocker with virus outbreak detection The best in the industry at distinguishing legitimate communications from spam attacks in real time, blocking nearly 100% of unwanted emails and the viral payloads they carry.
- Gateway AV/Intrusion Prevention Service with anti-spyware Robust, signature-based protection at the gateway against known viruses, spyware, trojans, and web-based exploits.
- WebBlocker Increase productivity and decrease security risks by blocking HTTP and HTTPS access to malicious and inappropriate web content.
The Role of Integrated Management
Whether you are an IT expert or a security novice, you'll find the integrated management, interactive real-time monitoring, and logging capabilities of our UTM solutions provide indispensable ease of use when configuring and managing your security. With WatchGuard System Manager, you can:
- Manage multiple appliances from a central location
- Easily create and implement coherent global security policies
- Rely on interactive real-time monitoring and logging
- Use just one intuitive interface to install and manage all security capabilities
A WatchGuard comprehensive UTM solution:
- Gives you true zero day protection from new and emerging threats
- Provides the flexibility to easily add any of our powerful security subscriptions
- Offers complete protection to keep your network safe on all fronts, blocking spam, spyware, viruses, worms, trojans, blended threats, and web-based exploits
- Relies on an intelligent architecture to deliver protection in multiple, fully integrated layers to optimize performance
- Can be easily upgraded to a higher appliance model within the line with a software license key
- Simplifies administration tasks including log file management, auditing, and compliance reporting to keep IT productivity high
- Lowers operational costs when compared with the complexity of setting up separate systems to defend against specific threats
- Our Firebox X is a market leader in UTM security solutions. Rely on it for the comprehensive network protection you need to stay safe.